Tuesday, March 07, 2006

From the sublime to the ridiculous!

The journey home on Friday was incredible, on the way towards a cottage by the side of a road, a barn owl swooped over the hedge towards the car. It was obviously tea-time in the owl's world, he landed on the hedge then changed his mind, took off and flew around the edge of the field again. They are such lovely birds and fly so beautifully. I have never been so close to one before, a good way to end the week!
The ridiculous part of the week-end came when I managed to get my cuckoo clock going again! I am so pleased, I have missed his hourly cuckoos, but for the me the added humour is the thought of my mother's nightly phone calls which would usually coincide with one of its hourly calls and mum would be really humourously annoyed by it! "That dratted bird!" was the kindest name she called it.
It is lovely to be able to laugh about these things and mum - at last.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

Well at least the clock won't poop on your bonnet!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

This is so true!!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

You are too funny, Lynne!

Liz, my parents have a cuckoo clock and I love it too!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home