Monday, July 30, 2007

Four flew out of the flycatcher's nest.

How lovely it was to see the four chicks fly their nest, mum and dad shrieked at them to keep them in order, and off they all went. So now I have been able to work in the garden without the tweeting abuse from the parents.

And that is what I have been doing - lots of work: weeding, digging, moving pots, Things are starting to feel organised and look quite decorative.

There are also a few veg to eat- peas, beans, spinach, salad etc. BUT the tomatoes, peppers and courgettes have just sulked. No growth, so no fruit which is a blow. However, this morning I picked my first blueberries for breakfast and look forward to some alpine strawberries tomorrow. Not all bad then!

In between the domestic duties, I have been cycling and walking and we have planned the next walking trip. It's to Italy, around the Pisa area, so the next task is to learn some Italian - enough to get us around on buses and trains. I find it difficult to remember the vocab in any language - even English at times, so I am going to have to work hard at this one!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

This walking trip sounds like fun! Do we get to see any pics from your other trips? :)

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home