Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What fun!

I have just returned home from visiting the Tate Modern - again. This time we didn't really go to look at any art, but to take part in it. The main entrance area has several wonderful metal tube-like helter skelter rides. Have a look at the site: http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/carstenholler/default.shtm My sister felt rather sick afer the ride, but I am going back for more!

FIrst of all you get into mat with a fold for your feet, then at the signal push off into the tunnel. It is very fast and slightly bumpy, so that any screams, squeals etc sound very strange. I loved it - as you may guess!! The Tate also used lights to project shadows of the tubes onto the walls and floors. Cool!




When i fin dout what is the matter with the other pictures I will show you what the London Eye looked like at night. That is another ride I would love to make!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I cannot believe you were able to have this much fun FREE! It looks awesome! I wonder if Pewari knows about this. Can you imagine her giving her two kids a gentle nudge down this thing?! Whee!

12:03 AM  
Blogger H said...

Tami, it's no different to the Smithsonian being free. Just crazier(?) and nearer!
Whee it was - Liz was making some funny noises as she emerged from the tube! Mind you it was after lunch...

11:31 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Doesn't a sister just lower the tone!! One day I will tell everyone your new pet names...watchit!

1:03 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

You two are funny!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home