Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A day out with the girls in Staffordshire.

What a lovely day it has been. I spent it with another Liz and some other friends of hers, at Trentham Gardens near Stoke on Trent, I used to spend some time there when I was training teachers in Stoke. If I had an hour or two between appointments, I would walk in the gardens. At that time they were overgrown and unkempt, but even so they were charging £2 to enter. So today was going to be interesting - how much would they have been improved?

Well, look at these sites:

http://www.thornber.net/staffs/html/trentham.html

http://www.trenthamleisure.co.uk/

We had a glorious time, the leisure to drink coffee and talk, walk around some very lovely shops as well as the gardens. And they were glorious!! The herbaceous borders were just at the height of their colour and the areas designed by Piet Oudolf, although in their infancy were extremely interesting and attractive. Oh I would love a large garden where there was space enough to plant blocks of a plant, not just one or two of them.

A really enjoyable day - and they had a Moshulu shop!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

This is a beautiful place! How fortunate you are to get to go :) The temperatures have been so hot here no one would enjoy even the prettiest flowers. I am talking about temperatures of 100 degrees F.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home