Monday, November 19, 2007

Another wonderful moment in the saga of 'Loosin Liz'

On a scale of 1 - 5, five being really good, how would you rate your favourite vegetable peeler? Mine gets 6, and it has been missing for the last two or three weeks. Sense might have told me that it coincided with the manic decorating and therefore I should look at the place where I was keeping the tools that I was using. Sense? Not switched on at the mo.

However, I have found my wonderful peeler in amongst all the srewdrivers, chisels etc that were on a tray in my usual working manner. (Find something that will hold the things so that I can see them and will know where they are. It usually expands to at least two containers and then of course, there are the horizontal planes where I put things down in an absent minded moment.)

Strangely enough, my sister and I were talking about her working with mum in the garden . Mum was a disciplined woman, she would always tidy up after she had done a job. I don't know if this was her medical training, but I know we used to send her round the bend with our untidy ways. But, (and I hope she is listening to this!) I can see that tidy saves a lot of time spent looking for things, it prevents those self inflicted bruises when you kick yourself for being so stupid, and those bad tempered hours during the searches.

The problem is, I seem unable to manage it. Neither child of mine has come up with an injection for tidiness, however many times I put it on my Christmas present list. So. now I am going to have to work out a strategy similar to the one where I taught myself to remember a shopping bag everytime I go out. Refusing plastic bags is now a way of life because I used to reward myself by buying a bottle of wine everytime I remembered 'the bag'. People still laugh when I claim I am no longer a member of the plastic bag brigade. So now, I am starting a new training regime. (Thank you Harriet for the idea.) No coffee until I have till tidied something in the house. And if I fail in this, then no glass of wine in the evening. This is the way my character works, so let's give it a go. I might let you know what happens!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I like getting plastic bags from the grocery because I use them to line my bins in the bathrooms. I consider this another way of recycling them.

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, your "no thanks, I won't have one" is, I think, getting through to shops. I don't get such funny looks on my second visit now!
If you get your bag out ready, then they tend to understand (I'm not allowed a proper shopping basket!)...

H

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home