Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Daily lists.

Life is rules by the daily list of tasks at the moment, but this
morning I had time to think about the list of jobs that I made for this
year. Most of which were jobs that started with the phrase,
"Paint the ...." Well, I bought what I hope is the last tins of paint for this
year and now have started to paint the sitting room. The grandfather clock is moved and so I can wash down the whole wall, then when that is dry, the ceiling finished etc etc I can get on with the roller and do the speedy part of the job.

Unfortunately, I was chatting to a woman last night who also drained her radiators and painted behind them.
Now that is something new for me and I am slightly intrigued about how
to do the job, so next summer's list will include learning how to drain
my central heating system. All very girlie!!

My short term list has two quite important jobs on it - practise walking in high heels again and work out what to wear under the academic gown when I go to my graduation. I think it will have to be trousers, but I need a blouse so that the hood can be buttoned to the blouse, and a safety pin is also useful I am told. Both of these things are not suitable painting garb,so at the moment they have been postponed, but I shall need to start work on them at the week-end, otherwise there might be the ungainly sight of my going A over T on my way up to receive the certificate. There is even going to be aphotograph taken as this is one occasion I really want to have recorded. (Must also practise smiling in the mirror, so that the effect is not too inane!!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Sorry about the layout - however, I sort it in the editing phase, it is not willing to behave when I save it.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

What kind of degree is this graduation for? Bachelor's? Master's? You probably have different names for them over there.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

It is an MA Tami. Although I am sure there could be some better letters to describe the blood sweat and tears needed to achieve it!!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home