Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's true!!

A Rolling Stone gathers no moss... and they have been helping me to carry on with the prepartion for the painting. The window frames are now done - much lighter and so more light seems to be let into the room, and when I clean the window panes lots more will come in. But that must wait until the wood is dry.

My sister and her husband are coming to stay for the night so I have had to make a path in the kitchen and the spare bedroom, George Harrison has been really good for this. I love his song about the tax man - really helps to get rid of those antagonistic feelings!! (And I get lots of those when I see how much mess I can make in just a few minutes...)

The present problem in this decorating phase, is how do you decide which wall to paint a slightly lighter shade of the main colour? I am not very good at visualising these things, and have made horrendous mistakes in the past!, I will try ringing Livvy, she is usually very good at this kind of advice, but it is annoying not to be able to 'see' these things for yourself.

I am sorry to burden you with the decorating boredom, but that is what my life has been for the last few weeks, but not for much longer!! Divali lights in Leicester this week-end as an escape. I will try to take some photos and find the widget to load them on the blog.

Now back up the step ladder..

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

How sweet of your sister and her husband to come help with the work! ;)

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home