Thursday, November 22, 2007

With great trepidation!

My son has already told me there is nothing to be uptight about, just get off the seat, walk a few yards, shake hands and walk back to the seat. But he doesn't get lost does he?

This is my graduation that is causing the wobblies at the moment. I am sure all will go well, I won't have to walk anywhere on my own - there will be lots of us; I have several safety pins to hold the hood in place and the gowns are booked. Son, daughter and daughter-out-law are willing to have their photo taken with me, so all should be easy. You think I am being neurotic? I can get lost anywhere - airport, roads, house, and this will be a cathedral, a place with lots of little chapels. I can just imagine it,
"Calling Mrs P, come to the main altar for your degree."

Joking apart, I am so pleased to have finished the course. I never imagined when I started how much work would be involved, nor that I would in the end become quite addicted to the research. It was worth it, every minute of it. The only thing I would change would be doing the course face to face, as an online course is good, but you don't get to know the other students and that would have been better.

The next challenge? Well, a trip down under on my own, with no GPS system just a very good map. Then next year I am going to work hard at learning Spanish and take the Teaching English as a Foreign Language course so that I can travel and teach. A degree was necessary for that, so the MA is going to be useful as well as a purely personal achievement.

Better make sure that I walk to the Chancellor and don't get lost in the Cathedral then!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Congratulations to you! This sounds very exciting to me; especially since it takes place in a big cathedral and all. This is wonderful for you :)

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home