Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Lists, the lists...

What have I been doing? Well... lots and I am so pleased to say that I have been getting on with things. It would be so easy to do nothing. But, let me just list a few things - made the Christmas puddings, mincemeat, lost the Christms cake somewhere in the decorating splurge. (Oooops!) Made a cushion and covered it for Shirl's garden bench, am making a tabard for Livvy's Christmas pressie, and have sorted out bags of clothes for the local charity shop. I have also made several batches of different pot pourris for Christmas presents. What is left to do? Well, hundreds of things before Christmas I just write them down daily and tick them off as they are finished.

How on earth did I find time to get to work? Well, that's a difficult one to answer!! What is on tomorrow's list? Cards, make little sachets for the pot pourri, make some mince pies, spend the evening with Freda whilst Ted goes to his woodwork evening and knit another 3" of Livvy's tabard. Now when shall Igo up into the attic and retrieve the decorations? I think that will be on next week's list.

I love this kind of hectic preparation for Christmas and being at home means that I can really enjoy it all. Be warned, it does not mean to say that I shall be ready in time.... ( Our local tv news programme has just stated that Dec 12th is the day to start feeling Christmassy - yess, I am ahead of time!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

You have accomplished a lot!
How long do you leave out your decorations?

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home