Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Summer is a'cummin in..

louda sing cuckoo. And he really was singing away this morning, what a lovely sound and an immediate hint of summer coming. Strangely enough Clare and I sang that round again when we met up in Melbourne, the time before was xxx years ago in Dartington!! Good times.

This last week-end was also a wonderful one for sightings, I went camping with friends in Staffordshire and we saw peregrine falcons nesting in the cliffs above a beautiful valley. What incredible birds they are, the pair were not put off by walkers or climbers, so I hope they are successful in their nesting. The next day we saw hundreds of orchids and cowslips on the sides of a valley leading down to our tea spot - and shelter from the rain, as it was pouring down by then. There were also hedges of currant and gooseberry bushes, it would be worth going back at harvesting time!!

I have not only been camping but also exploring the nether regions of my garage again! This time I have a clearer idea of what needs doing, so two sets of shelves have been up - one to hold the stuff from the attic, and the other set went up this morning, they are going to hold all the jam I make. For a person living on my own I make far too much jam and chutney, so if I can see it easily, then it will be easier to give jars away. At the moment that involves a certain amount of mountaineering and tunneling - don't ask!! After tonight, jam will be stored on one side and the tools and garden equipment on the other.

Theoretically!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

How wonderful that you make your own jam! The chutney sounds very good - I looked it up! What do you use it with?

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just finished the jar of Damson Cheese - can I have another please? (That's one for you to look up Tami :-))

11:06 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Liz: I have tried and tried to send you emails and they always bounce back. Do you have a new email address? Is anyone else having this problem with your email address?

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home