Thursday, May 29, 2008

Spring is full of things to do.

Last week-end was a wet one,(understatement!) we went camping near Hay on Wye, all I can say is thank goodness that the VW campervan had her new awning. It held the twelve of us quite well, so cooking and eating took place in the dry. I pitched my tent in a thunderstorm which was a first for me - I don't usually like thunder and lightning, and on Friday I took a particular dislike to it.

We had a lovely walk up one of the steep hillsides on the dry day, then spent the wet day in Hay, trying to visit all the bookshops that we could. I love that town and Tami, you would have a ball there!! Books for ₤1, well it is not possible to walk out without buying some at that price! It is also difficult to stop reading them now I am home. I have already finished the Elizabeth George and am trying to hide the others until I have sorted out the garden - oops, there are those pigs flying high again!

This week-end's tasks are to weed the main border and to sort out the compost heaps. The Bokashi compost is interesting and seems to be working well. The compost after one month is a non smelly rotting heap which I add to the other heaps. So far, so good - we will see what happens over the long term. And my latest recycling 'thing' is to post my old cds off to be recycled. I can even get them to a firm nearby in Cheshire that will reuse them. After that I have found a machine that will transfer my tapes onto the hard disk of my laptop. Perhaps my music can then be sorted so that I can channel it around the house.

Is there any danger of my being an organised person?

No, don't be silly!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

If you’re going to camp, you have to have books to read. I hope you bought enough to last all summer!
It sounds like the "tidy" bug has hit ;)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home