Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Memory Lane

This morning I have attacked the last boxes of books and papers from the attic. There are letters from my younger sister written when she was just starting to learn to write, school reports, photos of the children, of our family home when we were renovating it, cards from friends and school photos. I wondered where they had gone!!

The copies of the Coaching Journals I used to edit were also there, so now I can keep a single copy of each one and get rid of all the extras that are really not needed on my shelves.

Going back even further are the photos that we had taken when I used to attend a music school each year - it was held on the Gower coast in a Prisoner of War camp, the beds were original and I suspect other items too, but my goodness we had fun there! A week of concentrated orchestral playing during the day, with a concert at the end. The evenings were spent dancing - I don't remember the twist etc, but I do remember learning how to dance things like 'The Gay Gordons' etc. I think I am going to have to put all of these things together in an organised way with some written memories. That will keep me busy in the evenings.

I have also found a bag of unfinished patchwork shapes which I was making into a bed spread. (At the same time as bringing up toddlers and running a home and large garden.) Always the unreal optimist - that's me!! However, I have time now to get on and make them into something, so I will dive in. The lovely thing is that the material I was using was my daughter's dresses when she was very little - off cuts etc. So this could be a real drop into memory lane!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I bet if you could devote some time to the patchwork pieces each night, you would have something wonderful in no time at all :)

Music camp sounds like fun!

You could scan some of those old pics. It takes a while, but it is worth it and I think the details come through better on the computer screen.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do the patches have Clothkits written on them?

6:19 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

No they don't, but I have a clothkits blouse that I never managed to make up!!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic - can't wait for the grandchildren!.........?

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home