Friday, May 09, 2003

Do any of you remember that hand with a pointing finger and the phrase "It could be you!"?

Whilst going through the depths of despond a few years ago, I felt that finger was pointing at me for all the negative reasons. I begin to feel it has moved back into my life again.
My job ending was not a surprise, but the new one that is being held open for me is dependent on the Bank of Scotland getting its finger out and financing the scheme. OK, it hasn't decided yet, this has been going on since last year. Yes, last year! Ok, I took the chance and it didn't work out. Fine!

As soon as the job ended my computer broke, so I have a new sexy black one - all singing and dancing and so fast, I no longer make dozens of cups of tea whilst wating for the program to load etc. etc. I am so in love with this new machine, it even wishes me a "Good Morning!" How sweet! (That was sorted thanks to my daughter's boyfriend.)

Now my television has broken - yes I know I watch too much. So I shall have no excuse for not reading for the module.

The latest spat of the hand relates to my car. I lovingly washed it yesterday - sorry 'her', she is a lovely blue Puma. Driving her is the most luxurious experience, you will realise why I say that when I say that the other love of my life has been my two Citroen CVs. Just don't say anything within my hearing that is not totally adoring of them!!
I chickened out of walking the four miles to the shop to get the TES, and thank goodness I did! She whinged, that's all, just a whinge. That hand is pointing at me again I thought! So I rang the AA to find out if I had cover from home, no I don't! However, they took pity and came out to me because I have not used them much! I love you AA!
I had flooded the engine.... I didn't know you could do that anymore, but apparently with an automatic choke, if you just turn the engine on, then off quite quickly, then repeat the excercise, the memory (yes computers again!) doesn't remember that the choke has been on, and hence the engine floods. What a learning experience that was! At least I shouldbe able to get to the photoshoot tonight without too much trauma. I apologised to her and am going to be more careful when I wash my car in the coolness of the British climate!
Now I can get back to looking for a job...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home