Saturday, July 05, 2003

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
OK, its a 'timely' song and I love it. The other day I explained that I had been lying on the garden bench, I also had been taking photos of the clouds which were those lovely puffy balls of clouds and they came out!! The wonders of science!


Of course I didn't remember taking them and when downloading, wondered what I had been on to take a picture of pebbles. The penny dropped and I was immediately transported to the M54 about 10 years ago. Livvy and I had been to Ikea and filled up my lovely little 2CV called Lucy with bookshelves and other must haves from there,as well as a chicken and a bottle of gin. We were dashing back to Shifnal to meet my son from his skiing holiday. Late as usual his bus passed us with much ribaldry and waving between vehicles.
Then my little car went up in flames, truly up in flames, she was very well behaved, the fire remained in the front engine part, it gave us time to offload all the shopping, and she was full! Then we wept bitter tears on the side of the M54, watching the end of what would be for me a motoring era. Livvy comforted me with the thought that Lucy was now in the sky with diamonds and we were safe.

The firemen -she warranted three fire engines and two police cars, just laughed their heads off. It was not unasked for as on the windows we had stuck some no smoking signs from the double ended engines at Porthmadog.
Oh sorry - I get all emotional when I think of her.
So this is for Livvy who is aiming to start the national poppy collection.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home