Saturday, March 26, 2005

TLC

Today is the day that my little house is to receive its holiday allowance of TLC. A great deal of that includes ironing - hence my blogging! Does anyone else get angry when doing this work - it really is the shortest lived thing that I ever do in the house - apart from tidying, dusting, getting rid of the piles of papers, cleaning windows....
There, that is a fairly accurate picture painted, in one sentence, of my housewifry skills.
I have owned up to my shortcomings, but does that do anything to the pile of ironing? No!
Do I get remission? No!
Drat, drat and double drat.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I hate ironing, but boy am I happy when it's finished! Hopefully you don't have too many pieces ;)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh I did! However, my daughter came over and nattered to me whilst I finished it all, so now I am in that smug state!! It will last all of one day I suspect. What happened to those fun paper dresses we had in the sixties, they were supposed to get rid of all the need to wash and iron.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late at night with a gin was the only way I'd do it! Then I found a wonderful woman called Karen - she would be the last of our luxuries to go! She collects a pile of unrecognisable jumble, and returns the most wonderful array of clothes! In return for which we give her folding pictures of the Queen ........ if only we could get her to accept potato peelings!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yes, i kept thinking of your solution to the problem - through gritted teeth so to speak! However, they are so sorted up here, they have vans with ironing splashed on the sides and I don't think I could cope with publicising my inadequacy on that front!! I would also probably forget to do the washing in time.

1:41 PM  
Blogger H said...

I shall quote our Mum, "don't forget you are keeping a cottage industry going" so stuff feeling inadequate, feel good about it.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home