Sunday, April 03, 2005

It's no wonder

the French revolted. Looking at only two of the chateaux in the Loire valley, the kings and queens really did go in for fantastic buildings, which they then hardly lived in. Chenonceaux was lovely though, built on the river Cher with mos tof hte owrk being organised by the women of the day, it has a lovely 'homely' feeling to it. Chambord, on the other hand, was rather like walking through a 3d maze with fantastic turrets.
(When I have found the lead for my camera Iwill download some pickies.) As well as visiting the chateaux, we checked out the local restuarants which I am glad to say were excellent. A lovely break - and now - down to the books.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

This sounds amazing! And to think I have to watch movies to see sights such as these! Find that camera lead quickly please :)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

The lead will be on the chair, under all of your clothes, in the bedroom.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Uh uh, any other clues?

4:23 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Try in the fridge behind the old pesto sauce and Brie!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

In fact this is THE BEST competition we have had for ages!!!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Nope to the fridge - I have not bought any cheese for a fortnight - this pesky diet, I am having as much difficulty with not eating cheese as I am with not drinking caffeine and alcohol, and any brie I buy does not usually even get home.... see, I am admitting my worst habits now!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home