Saturday, July 09, 2005

Old Friends and New Year Resolutions

I met up with a college friend last week-end in London and this week-end went to the school summer fair.(Wait for it, there is a connection!) This is the first one I have been to and it was fun - lots of stalls and the children were all friendly and talkative. Then I saw a woman I have not met up with for several years. What a joy to see her again - she is a free spirit and great fun. I met her first in the wonderful cheese shop in Newport, she was helping a friend to run it and we used to talk and talk until the queue became long and fractious! Then her friend sold the shop and Ro at the same time sold her home and bought a canal boat - not one of the long ones, but a sort of cut in half canal boat! Since then I have met up with her only occasionally, but today we sat and nattered for hours, watched the helicopter do its thing at the fete and then set off for our homes. We are going to keep in touch and I am not going to be complacent about this.
I think you would agree that it is not a very exciting happening, but it has been one of the things I have done these last few weeks which made me realise how bad I am at keeping in touch with my friends and they are one of the most important things in life. The bombs in London also are a more drastic way of reinforcing this realisation. So, my new year's resolution is to keep in touch more frequently with my friends - who mostly seem to live far away, but that makes it all the more exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home