Saturday, June 25, 2005

What an experience.

Yesterday was the regional final for this year's Teaching Awards. I had been nominated for the Award for Working with Business, I don't know who nominated me but that in itself was lovely. To get through the next screening process of interviews was incredible and yesterday's ceremony was awesome.
There were people there who are working in schools which actually work together with everyone - the children, parents, grandparents, the community etc etc. That must be incredible to have the support and encouragement of everyone concerned in the education process. I felt as if I was in a daze listening to all the commendations, except for a mischievous moment or two...!
However, I came away with a Distinction Award which is now sitting on my desk and it still feels unreal. So, sorry if this reads as if I am boasting, I am just rather (no, read extremely here!) chuffed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pewari Naan said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it was *well* deserved!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Congratulations to you! I’m sure you deserve it! I am proud of you!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thank you both very much - and its OK I can still get my head through all doorways!!!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home