Thursday, June 02, 2005

Anything but...

I had a clear day yesterday to do lots of work on the dissertation - did I? Hah! I put up the new shelf for my computer which gives me far more moving room in my tiny study, I can also get to the drawers, open them and see what's in them - useful really!
Last night was a night for the girls and some gossip - we went to my local pub which now has a new landlord. Isn't it funny how you either like people or you don't? Well. he was a great laugh, we were examining his legs and ordering double Virgin Mary's and generally causing mayhem - all very amusing!
So today I am off to Devon - to Ottery St Mary, to see some Luxembourgish friends. This is the village that has the tar barrel race each year. It is an incredible sight apparently, one day I hope to see it, - perhaps that could be an apres dissertation weekend!

I'm so pleased to be seeing them again - we haven't met for years, so this hould be fun. Then its back to see my daughter's final presentatiofor her garden design course and that is also something I am very excited about. Must take the camera. So, back soon folks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Is school on break over there?

4:23 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

What a busy Babe you are!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Tami, we have had our half term break - a week off, then its back to school for seven more weeks!! I hope you are enjoying your break - she says through gritted teeth!!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home