Monday, June 13, 2005

What a meal!! 31 for 7 -WOW!

This post was going to feature my delicious dinner. Local Asparagus with Herefordshire butter melted on it - you can just see the steam rising from the spears?


Closely followed by a lobster salad - the salad was all local fare, the lobster of course was not!!

I can't remember the last time I ate some lobster, I suspect it was when we went to Oman and I ate locally caught lobster three nights in a row. (That's the piggish side of me!) Pudding was feshly picked strawberries with local yogurt,



then Shropshire blue cheese to finish. Now this meal deserved a wine - even though it is Monday, I could not drink water with this!! So firend, forgive the lapse into the past, but I could not resist this wine for the name alone!!




However, that turned out to be just a side dish - the main course was England's thrashing of Australia in today's 20:20 game, it just took the meal (about 30 minutes) to keep Australia to 31 for 7, ohhhh what an accompianment to the delicious food, nothing could improve it - apart from a performance of some live music and a delicious companion. (I'll dream on...) I just hope that while I light the fire (it's cold this evening) the match lasts until I sit down to listen to the final overs.
Ohhhh well done England! Here's to the Ashes - may they stay here this year!
8 for 67 - just downloading the photos - this is even quicker than the Botham Test Match!
(After downloading the photos the score is now 78 for 9 in the 14th over. Go England!!) They have just won by 100 runs - the Aussies bowled out for 79 - ignominious - what a word!

8 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Thank you for the pics – you know I love them! I have never tried asparagus or lobster. No one in my family fixes asparagus and it is not something that is offered at the restaurants I frequent. I’m more into the Bloomin’ Onion. Have you heard of that? Anyway, I’m waiting to try lobster when I can eat it with someone who has prior experience in taking the thing apart! You must be an expert by now ;)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I try not to look themin the eye! I agree with you about onions though, they are delicious. Never heard of the bloomin onion, although it's a phrase I use when peeling them!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

http://photos7.flickr.com/7538440_b7036ed839_m.jpg


Try that link and see if you can see a picture of the Bloomin' Onion.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh wow! How on earth is that cooked? The onion sliced, teh dunked in oil and flour then baked? Tell me please I want to try it out!!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Here is the recipe:

http://fp.enter.net/~rburk/copycat/outbackb.txt

We have a Bloomin Onion gadget that cuts the onion for us. We have made them at home and they are wonderful!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Asparagus and lobster I'm familiar with but a bloomin' onion! Must be like those Indian onion balls, what are the called?

3:49 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

...they (whoops)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Onion bhaji? Good to have a comment from you again - when do you actually move?

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home