Sunday, March 26, 2006

Day two...

Well thank you H and Tami for those comments - I feel I need a label to hang on my back - 'Does my bum look big on this bike?' Perhaps that should have been one of the criteria when I was buying it, but somehow I don't think the lovely salesman's sense of humour would have stretched that far! His assistant assured me I could use this bike for racing; yes, you read that correctly, he said racing. I just told him that would not happen, quite politely mind you! (I did however, use the word silly.)
Well, I have just taken the bike ( I think he needs a name, shall we have a competition? A kind competition please, to name my bike.) out for another ride. This time I managed a circular route of about just over 3 miles, with much huffing and puffing. I have reached that stage where I am glowing healthily so now I am going to move some more donkey dung before I reward myself with some lovely smelly shower stuff and a hair wash.
Too much detail? well, the alternative was a glass of wine, so I feel that if I write down the healthy option, then I am more likely to do that rather than sink into a large glass of red. I really do have the breaking power of a kitkat!

9 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

What color is the bike? Do you want to ride on a male bike or a female bike?
This info will help with names :)

1:35 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Aha! Details - silver in colour and I think a man!!! LOL (Then I can swear at him when I can't get up the hills, or when I have a pucture!!)

5:18 PM  
Blogger H said...

Well, I know your bum isn't as big as mine - but there you go!
I think Bertie the bike is a good name, and you can use your best frown when swearing at him!
Missed my ride yesteday - ho hum ....
Tami will probably come up with one of those wonderful names that you only hear in the US which will be just the ticket!
But, heh, spring's here!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Seeing as he's silver, why not call him Flash?

10:35 PM  
Blogger H said...

?The saviour of the Universe? :>)

Tami - have you any idea how big her head would get?
I cannot enlarge my front door by Friday(!!!) Sorry .....
(With apologies to you Tami)

11:48 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Tami, yet again you are wonderful! Flash it is!! Course I can save the universe!! Listen here little sister, I shall sort you out tomorrow night....!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

I do love a good cat fight! Meow!

4:53 AM  
Blogger H said...

Thank you Tami, I've just read this and realised I have very little time to put a bigger door in - just thought though, will let her in through the patio doors - at least they slide to 6' wide:>]

9:41 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hah! So you don't want the chocolates I have bought you for Easter then?

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home