Saturday, May 13, 2006

Try to imagine that I am creeping in under a closed door .Please?

Tami has just sent a message telling me that it is a month since I last blogged - aaaargh! I didn't realise it was that long.
If I say that today I have cleaned my fridge - DLG will know how traumatic that can be for me, sorted out all the small change in the various piggy banks and taken it into the local health food shop to be exchanged for paper money, yes there was a full pink piggy bank waiting to be sorted.

In fact I have started to sort out my little house and garden, the first time for ages.
I find it very difficulat to motivate myself to do this, perhaps that is part of living on my own - laziness! However, I have started and I mean to go on.
The lawn is being mown daily because I left it too long after the spring so it was ankly high (I like that little typo error!) and my little mower does not like long grass, so that's my punishment for that!
I have accumulated piles of paper from work yet again and so those are being sorted out and chucked out wherever possible.
I am sorting out all sorts of things that I really don't want to keep and I am going to sell those in the summer - either in ebay or in the local auction house. I have never done either of those so I will need to have some trial sales and see which gives me the better sellling 'buzz'.
Have you noticed that each one of these paragraphs begins with 'I'? Well, that has to stop too! So, there is a spring cleaning of the house and garden, but mostly of attitude going on here in rural Shropshire. There is no guarantee that it will lead anywhere, but we shall see!
Meanwhile, it is now the dressing table's turn. Just the top, I am not brave enough to sort out the drawer of old and smouldering make-up. Some of that has been in my life for many years - I even have some Mary Quant false eye lashes, oooh what a sad person I am!
See you after I have hoovered under the bed.

5 Comments:

Blogger H said...

The Mary Quant would probably sell well on Ebay!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

This sounds like great fun to me. I don't enjoy sorting so much at my own house, but I am nosey, so I love looking through other people's things.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it's just occurred to me that I haven't hoovered under our bed since we moved in almost three years ago. Oh the shame!

12:45 PM  
Blogger H said...

Don't you all realise? Dust IS a protective coating ............... so there!
How the hell have you lot got any room to fit a hoover nozzle under there anyway? (Especially you Elizabeth?)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Owwww -don't tell everyoone my secrets!!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home