Friday, September 22, 2006

Rush Hour at coffee time

I came home from shopping and treated myself to some coffee outside, the weather has been so wonderful these last few days. The time was immaculate - just in time for the rush hour on the walnut tree at the top of my garden.
First of all the pigeons made a lot of noise mating - they do this year in and year out around here! I was just about to shout my usual abuse at them - comments about restraint etc when I noticed the Greater Spotted Woodpecker inspecting a hole in the tree trunk - then having a little wander up and down before flying off to join its mate on the tree next to the walnut. They both came back to the walnut and grazed in the bark before moving on.
The various members of the tit families were flying around too, the robin joined in together with the resident wren. Then some chaffinches flew in to check the outer branches and they were joined by some of this year's spotted flycatcher family.
Above the tree were some of the remaining few swallows and swifts flying around, I love to see them, they are so acrobatic.
The local squirrel then broke up the party, he is such a bully and a hooligan. But it was an incredibly busy tree trunk for about 5 minutes.
I only went out for a cup of coffee!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Ah, so you weren't the only one enjoying the day!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home