Saturday, September 02, 2006

Herbie's Hey Day

I'm not sure how to spell 'hey' in that title, but yesterday certainly needed that little word. Herbie changes the most mundane of jobs into a different experience.

On my way into the recycling centre in Newport a lady gesticulated frm her car and claimed sudden love and lust for him. She wanted his life history as well as ownership, but I kindly warned her off! He's mine, the best man in my life.

After that little domestic job I drove off to Wolverhampton to my hairdresser and to do some shopping. No big deal I thought. Well, the youth of Wolves also admired him vociferously whilst I trawled around the streets looking for a handy parking space, and then driving down to the ring road, came his greatest moment, I could hear a siren screaming so like all the other drivers, I waited until the fire-engine showed itself and where it wanted to go. Around the roundabout screamed the engine, obviously off to a fire at some speed. The driver caught sight of Herbie and waved frantically at him, as did the other firemen in the front.

Wow! Perhaps men in uniforms like quirky too - not at all what I had expected of a fairly ordinary day!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

How can you be sure they weren't waving at the lovely lady behind the wheel?

11:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I can now lipread the word Herbie very easily!!!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home