Thursday, August 31, 2006

Slightly cracked.

Have a look at this photo, especially the two glasses.



Today is my last day of paid employment and so is rather special. We celebrated my last teaching day, but today is another excuse for some revelry. When we knew we had jobs at the end of college days,(Long, long ago!) I bought two rummer glasses from Dartington as a celebration, I remember ringing my husband to be and telling him about them. Sadly one was broken by a rather vicious knife which sliced into it, and this one has a tiny crack in the rim, but I have kept it for sentimental reasons.

The other day I was shopping in Newport and found a new shop selling fun pottery and glass, so I went in. (Of course!) They were selling Dartington glass and so I ordered another pair of Rummers to be paid for out of my last salary from teaching. I was so pleased they still made them, the only difference being in the base which is thinner and narrower. So now I have some glasses with which to celebrate a different future. Can you tell which is which?!!

The wine? Ah, well that was also bought with the first salary cheque, heaven knows if it is any good now, but I was determined to keep one bottle to see. It was bought for 'putting down' so we shall see. I think I had better find some good steak to go with all this excellence.

Cheers folks, here's to a new life doing other things.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

It is very neat that you kept those after all these years. What a lovely post!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home