Friday, July 11, 2003

He's SO right!
The Naked Chef has some lovely cooking ideas which I try out, but what I love about him is his refreshing honesty. He talks about the bags of out of date flour that lurk at the back of shelves, so he has a system of clearing everything out on a regular basis to prevent this. I would grieve over throwing something away, but he is rich and has not had the upbringing of 'no waste - we're British'.
On the packets of ready cut herbs, he talks about storing them at the front of the fridge so that they don't become part of the 'fridge bum' syndrome. Now I know exactly what he means, I (Please take that to mean my fridge, not me personally!) can suffer very easily from fridge bum, so what do I do to prevent this? I buy small bottles of beer and store them on each shelf so that things don't turn nasty on me. At this moment in time I have run out of these important items in my life, the fridge has just been cleaned and I have a job in September, so I think I might have to go shopping.... well, its a good reason isn't it?
Now I wonder where my little car blue will take me?
I think I can also get my hair cut, buy that sofa for the conservatory, the rug and something to hang on the wall..... this sounds like a Chester day. Anyone want to come shopping with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home