Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Back to different piles...
The half term break in Cornwall was wonderful! Mum and I stayed in a bed and breakfast place which was especially designed for disabled people, so no stairs or awkward shaped rooms etc, she could see where everything was and was comfortable. Really good and when I find the card I will put the address in here.
The Eden Project is stunning, what a way to use the lunar scape that the china clay industry has created. My goodness, it makes me realise that house plants in my home are ridiculous, but then that has never stopped me in the past. I am sorry but I took no photographs, I pushed mum round in a wheel chair so did not have the ability to take pickies as well, she was almost tipped out on several occasions, but did survive the experience, well that is the second type of driving she has had to teach me!
We also went to the Lost Gardens of Heligan, and true to the name they might well have remained that way to us. We got very lost, even driving down the vertiginous road to Mevagissey and of course once you have gone down, you have to go up.... oooh I hate those roads, and they had leaves on the surface which could have been nasty. When I asked the guide why there weren't more signs, he explained that they were only allowed 12 and they had to be on the main road. Well serves me right for getting lost I suppose! Hpwever, if you get the chance to go there, it is well worth it.
We spent the last day at the Tate and at Bernard Leach's gallery at St Ives. I didn't realise that he had lived in Japan and was in fact born in the far east, it was interesting to find out his connections with Dartington and see also that the head teacher's house (from the school) has been turned into an art gallery too. Next time I will go back and explore my alma mater!
Meanwhile, back to school and more paper piles, these are getting the order of the chop, I will not drown in paper again. (Please imagine that written 100 times?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home