Sunday, September 19, 2004

A moving experience
The son of my very good friend has explained some of his difficulties about moving house - even though he is in his mid twenties, he can't bring himself to pack some soft toys into a box and transport them in a van, they have to go in his sports bag and travel by car. I had the same problem during my last house moving experience.

When you move, I recommend asking your best friend to pack some things that she has no sympathy with. DLG - my friend, simply did not sympathise with my interest in cricket, so when she saw boxes of ball to be packed, she had a field day. There was much gigling from her which I didn't appreciate until I unpacked them months later: she had written all sorts of messages on each box - about the quality and ownership and use etc etc. Shal we say they weren't exactly reverent comments? She also wrapped some pictures and I have the wrappings to this day with her comments written upon them and where she suggested I put them. I didn't need to unwrap them to know which was which, and there was no doubting what she thought of them.
Needless to say the packing time was short, she and I got very bored and went off to our local pub for a drink instead of finishing the serious stuff! The traumatic experience of packing and throwing things away was far more fun and I still chuckle now when I look at the pictures. They are going to be moved again soon, but only to another room, so I shall have some more fun with them. Thanks DLG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home