Sunday, December 19, 2004

Ooooh, Christmas is coming!

I am a total sucker for all the traditions at Christmas, my timing isn't all that good, but I think I can get brownie points for trying.
The tree has been bought today, the cake mixed and is now cooking in the oven, Last year I was 8 months ahead of myself, but at least this year it is made. The next job is to mix the puddings, get them steaming, cook the cranberries, make the brandy butter, some pastry for the mince pies and try an alternative veggie tart to the one my daughter usually has: no doubt I shall be in hot water for suggesting a change, but then, life is more fun when lived dangerously!!
Then this evening I shall erect the tree, disappear into the attic to find all the boxes of decorations then start to decorate the house. Over the top is always my theme, the beams are garlanded, the fireplace also, holly adorns most things and this year I am going to trim a few ivy bushes that I have been keeping my eye on throughout the year. I also garland all the doorways. No wonder my children are minimalists!! Do I care - nah! The carols will be blasting out on the cd player and I shall be a happy bunny.
In case I forget in the rush to achieve this utopia (for me) - Happy Crimble Everyone!! I will try not to fall asleep with my nose perched in the Christmas pud, but I will be honest and own up to all weaknesses! Enjoy your traditions and if you want to fall into the pud ina dozy moment, go ahead and join the club.
Aha - there's an idea....

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

It sounds beautiful! What are the chances of seeing a picture? ;)

4:04 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

OK... first find the camera.... I think Tami I need to emphasise that I am a chaotic person!! When I have found the camera, I will post some pickies, its the holidays, I have time.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home