Sunday, December 19, 2004

Tradition has its place.

I managed most of the list of things to do, partly aided by the radio and then the television. Around this time of year I watch Songs of Praise because I love the traditional carols, this year they excelled. The carols were superb abd I was singing along, in my mind I was back as a child at church in Gelligaer with Mum and my brother, we were taken every Sunday and had to learn to sit still during the sermons, the hymns were light relief - we could stand up and make a noise!! The carol service was also very traditional and musical. I love singing and this was a way of wholeheartedly joining in.
I no longer go to church services, but I suppose I am a Christian in outlook. The reading of the nativity in songs of Praise was incredible - David Suchet providing the magic. Wow!
Makes me feel guilty about setting the nativitiy in Stoke in modern days for our school production .... but perhaps that will be special for those children when they are older!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home