Thursday, January 13, 2005

More balls....

Now come on, think cooking!!
I have just taken delivery of an order of part of a beef creature - steer? I don't know, but the meat looked wonderful. I don't ususally buy mince, so I thought I would cook that first and 'get it out of the way'. You know that kind of feeling, well that can't be too good, so I'll deal with it first. I have bought mince in the past that has bounced off the roof of my mouth after many hours of gentle cooking. This stuff however- WOW! I made meatballs with pasta al la Nigella Lawson. She is wonderful when she says think of Sophia Loren in the kitchen rolling out these miniscule balls, well after that - you keep rolling for hours don't you? I won't own up to my imaginary thoughts.. Oh, the meat was so good and the sauce delicious, the Napolise (spelling again - sorry!) sauce is also scrumptious, I am going to freeze that in small amounts, then there are things like brisket which I haven't cooked for years. I am so looking forward to it. I used to really enjoy cooking but lost the plot somewhat. This batch of meat has rather kindled it again. (Thinks, apologies to my veggie daughter, but if her boyfriend fancies a roast dinner, then let me know and I will get cooking!)
Yummmmmm!

2 Comments:

Blogger H said...

Oh come on - are we all invited?

3:51 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Course you are! The next three week-ends are organised, but after that...?

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home