Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Shakespeare and that wow factor!

First day of teaching for this year! It was good to see the children back and to take part in the chit chat that this group of children are able to enjoy. We have started to look at Macbeth and wow isn't it fun? I don't remember ever enjoying any of his plays at school, all we did was to read out parts, never did we dwell on the gory parts. The contents of the witches' cauldron are really spectacular, I think tomorrow we will draw the newt's eye and loin of snake swirling around in the stock. Now that's another take on soup!!
Meanwhile we will try to manufacture our own recipe - rhyming cutlets anyone?

6 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I bet they go home and tell their parents that YOU are THE COOLEST teacher around! :)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thank you Tami, but I suspect I am labelled the maddest! We do have fun in my class though - I can't cope with serious living all the time, there will be enough of that as they grow up.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

'...rhyming cutlets.' Very funny.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Sadly, it went over their heads, but at least you appreciated it!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Glad to see you put the 'e' at the end!!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'll take that as a red pen correction!! (We are not allowed to use them anymore - are you?)

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home