Saturday, January 15, 2005

That WOW factor and Cosford.

I am taking my class to Cosford Air Museum soon to take part in a robot-fest. Ours are going to be witches and cauldrons if we can manage that! So, this morning being the only day free to go and do my pre trip assessment I drove off into the fog without much hope of there being an exciting factor at the museum.
Well, how wrong could I have been? They have built a new welcoming building which is based upon a delta wing airplane design and it is fantastic! Never mind the museum, the cafe sells good coffee and the meals looked appetising too.
However, I had a lot of fun in one of the other hangers where they have set up a new interactive area. There should be no excuse for them failing to understand how an airplane wing works, lots of fun activities with ping pong balls popping everywhere, parcels to deliver from airplanes etc etc.
Now if I can lose the whole class for the hour that I am booking, then I could play with all the toys myself!!!! I felt a bit awkward trying to aim the foodparcel at the delivery target when there was queue of young children waiting for theri turn. Its good fun!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Like I said before, you must be the BEST teacher around! These children will always remember you for the fun things that you scheduled and your unique way of thinking :)

12:50 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Mmm, I think the word mad comes to their minds fairly frequently!! Tomorrow we re-enact Boudicca's problems, with a problem page. I don't know what you might call them in the USA, but we call them agony aunts.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home