Sunday, May 01, 2005

Bluebell woods

I dashed over to the library at Keele this afternoon to renew some of my books that I have borrowed - the fines for late books are in excess of £2 a day per book - this is not going to be one of those things that I do, that is some deterrent.
the journey over there was lovely - did I remember my camera? Noh - dohhh. Just after I crossed the road by the pub at Whitmore, there is a lake and a wood in front of it, it was carpeted with bluebells and wild garlic - so lovely. The verges are also full of wild flowers at the moment and they haven't be mown so the colours are glorious, pinks, whites, blues etc.
Oh to be in England - I can understand that at these times. The weather however, has been awful! 4 o'clock in the morning I was woken by flashing lights outside - it was sheet lightning, there was no thunder but the rain made just as much noise. So much for the beauty sleep then!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Those books must be made with gold! I don't remember the fees ever being that much here - especially per book per day!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home