Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Drat, drat and double drat!!!

I am in clear up mode - finding the floor and surfaces in my little study. Easy peasy you might think, but I have also been shredding all old receipts etc. Add to that envelopes and those cheques that the credit card firms keep sending, but I don't want to use or leave lying about.
In amongst all this was an envelope from my good friend in which was a Christmas card and.... those Christmas sequin things - trees and baubles etc. Have you guessed yet? Well, they are now all over the place and it isn't even Christmas!!! I can just hear her laughing at the thought, perhaps I should spread them even more with the little hand fan I also rediscovered and which I will take to India? Why not!

I have just got to own up to this. I lost my credit card a few weeks ago and so did the sensible thing, rang the bank, put a stop on it and ordered a new one. I knew that I hadn't been without it for any real length of time, so I must have put it down somewhere at home. Well, could I find it? Like hecky thump. Tonight I have another plumber coming round to see if he will give me a quote for the work in the bathroom -(bear with me, it all ties in!) so I have had to clean all the bedrooms as well as the bathroom because if he needs to see the access points, they are in the bedrooms. So I retrieved the thick bedspread from the cupboard and spread it out on the bed, only to find? You've got it, the credit card. It is now in many pieces and I feel relieved that it no longer exists. Meanwhile I have sorted out more rooms and feel a lot better for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

When my sister was pregnant, we filled cards with confetti. We had someone tell us that she had just had her car cleaned, only to open our baby shower greeting and get the confetti everywhere. She said that her husband was furious!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I was just amused because it is exactly the kind of thing that is always happening to me - thwarting the clearing process! However, I can now see the desk top and the floor is clear! (Well, mostly anyway.)

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home