Friday, July 29, 2005

You must try this!

There has been much hilarity amongst members of a walking group that I am lucky to belong to. We have been translating our names into Viking equivalents and then plan to use them as the basis for a fancy dress party. Gudrid the Flatulent is,however, having problems with her costume - as you might guess!
Have a go with your name http://archaeoastronomy.co.uk/toys/vikingname.php
is the site. (I have just tried to sort out one of my names and it is true to form: Gudrun, the one we don't let steer. I am so good at getting lost in places, this can be my new name I think!)
And on a completely different tack, has anyone tried to walk 10,000 or more steps a day? I have just started to wear a pedometer and even with a strenouous work out in the gym I only managed 6,500 steps, gulp! How on earth do people manage 10,000 or more in an ordinary day's work?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I have never used a pedometer, but it would be interesting to see how many steps I take per day. Far too little, I am sure!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Hamsters do 10,002, on a wheel and mainly at night. Now there's a thought firend!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

So, what are you saying? GIVE UP The SNOOZLES AND WALK IN A TREADMILL ALL NIGHT?(sORRY, LOST CONTROL OF THE CAPS LOCK!!) That is not my idea of rest! And thinking about the places I shall be sleeping in teh next fortnight, perhaps it might be more comfortable..

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home