Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One-up-manship!

Well most places have a Hummer or two, here in Newport we have an extended one!! Now why on earth would anyone want to make an extra long one of those vehicles? They aren't pretty, they are ugly brutes which guzzle so much petrol it is unbelievable! I wonder what is so special about the ride - perhaps thay all come with Horatio Kane (Is that his surname?)as a driver - now that would be really good luck...

The other thing I want to write about is the fantastic things we can now do in this world. I was sitting in an extremely wet field in West Wales at the week-end when my recently laundered cell phone rang. It was DLG from Cyprus!! She of course was sitting out in lovely sunshine - grrrrrr!
However, the outcome of the call is that we are to meet up again on my last day of teaching, so I will have a wonderful friend with me to celebrate the occasion. The champagne is on ice, the olives need to be bought, together with the rice cakes. Oh my goodness have we a lot of talking to do!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I don't get this latest obsession with the Hummer either. I don't think I could ever park one!

Did you ask Lynne why she quit blogging? My guess is there are so many things that she is too afraid to write about for fear of getting into trouble with the government. I mean, you never know how her PMS will affect her writing ;)

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home