Saturday, October 14, 2006

Will that clock chime a little more quietly please!!

I have a headache this morning, my annual headache. I blame Lynne, its all her fault! We had a drink together last night, she was on the wine and I was drinking gin and tonic. Oh yes, and she was in Cyprus, whilst I was in Shropshire. We are such good friends we can do these things!!

There was no computer with video link, we were texting each other, then we actually used the phones and I think I ended up ringing her. ( I will hide that bill from myself..!!)

In all this retirement time I have been a poor blogger. Well, at the moment I am busy sticking doen the loose parquet flooring blocks on the floor. The builder who built this estate didn't always do things to the highest standard, and the flooring was certainly one of the lower standards of work. Gradually, the blocks have been working loose and it feels like I am walking on clunky water. So each day I stick down a section, first of all I hoover under (Yes, under!!) the blocks, scrape them clean and sometimes I have to burn off the pitch, then I have this glue called serious stuff and glue each one back down. I can only do a small section at a time becuase otherwise I wouldn't remember where to out the blocks and no doubt I would get the pattern wrong!! I have also glued myself into a corner and had to leap over the wet blocks because I am not supposed to walk on them for 24 hours. (I don't do leaping normally.)

In between kneeling down for ages and bending over I am also sorting out the sitting room, so that is in chaos too!! The videos are going to my son to be put onto DVDs and then he can have the old videos for his machine - that has emptied a drawer in the desk so now the scrabble and other games have a place to live. If this sounds like bartering for space, it is incredibly difficult to find hiding places in a house that does not boast one single storage cupboard!! Today's target is a clear table so that I can put some flowers on it and also find space for my coffee cup.

However, I have six weeks in which to sort this all out. An arbitrary deadline but there we are. So, DLG, I shall have to postpone our next drinking bout for a few weeks because in this state I can't get down on my knees and glue blocks, shucks, I will have to go shopping!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I need to part with some of my old videos. It's great that you are having yours converted to DVD. I need to ask Kevin about that. It would save us tons of space.

3:44 PM  
Blogger H said...

And just what would my other (adopted) sister say? "And you on a ............."

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home