Friday, October 26, 2007

And another one hits the dust!

Thanks Queen - in fact I think I must use them as my music for the finishing touches that I make to the dining room tomorrow. I was right to decorate the kitchen first, it was a real pig, this room was almost a doddle in comparison.

Now there's only the porch and the sitting room to do. I think I am going to have the chimney breast plastered in the sitting room first, I really don't like the bare brick work that is there, besides which I would like to have a mantlepiece so that I can put things on it and hang the Christmas stockings from it. So, as well as sorting out the front door, I think I shall get the plastering done and then a wooden fire surround put around it. Does this sound busy enough? I would hate you out there to think that retiring from work is easy - believe me life is frantic!! (LOL!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Personally, I love exposed brick, but I guess it depends on the coloring. Since you are sprucing up the house, does this mean you are having Christmas at your place this year? ;)

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home