Thursday, October 25, 2007

Is it me?

Am I the only one who can't fix her fridge door?

The fridge sits inside a cupboard with the wooden door opening the fridge door. The wooden one has slipped and the door below (with the washing machine behind it) catches on it, so I have been trying to sort it. Well, I can raise it on one side and push the door out of line with the rest of the cupboard, but can I raise it and keep it in line - not flipping likely!! I even had to buy a new tool to work the screws, they are not philips or the straight line across the top type, they have little STARS(?) on the top. So off I went to the local store and bought one of those things that can change the top fitting.

Well bring on those star topped screws I can now deal with them.

So far, this redecorating has caused me to buy lots of new tools, I shall soon need a shed to house them all. Now if I were an Ozzie bloke, the government is thinking of buying one for all men, so I could just hang on and one would wing its way into the garden.( Oooh, do the Australian pigs fly in flocks too?) Apparently, a man with a shed is a happy man - now I wonder if women's lib will work on the shed front, 'cos I think I would like a shed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Russell said...

I'm a teacher and you're the second blog I've visited today where a teacher has retired early... It's so tempting!! Unfortunately I started quite late, after my own children were at school, so my pension isn't what I'd like it to be... but I'm so envious. How wonderful, to follow the sun! Visit my blog and let me know how you're getting on... make me really jealous.. just when I'm marking exams... !! Have fun!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hah!! That kind of comment is wonderful!! Marking exams and writing reports are two parts of the teaching job I no longer miss, the children are a different matter.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Something people don’t take into account is the money they will have to spend on new tools; I know we never do! Maybe you could save the receipt and return it!

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's face it - if you did put a shed up, it would end up like the garage! Oh, and I have two of them ...... speaking from experience here.
Tool shopping, my favourite kind ....
H

11:46 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I knew anonymous was you! The good news is that I seem to have straightened out the doors slightly. Now for the next room that needs painting - boring!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home