Friday, December 21, 2007

I think I've cracked it! All I need ...

is for Tami to post a blog about untidiness and its outcome being dire, then I would sort out my life and not just dump things down.

Why am I writing this? Well, she blogged ages ago about what happens when you flush the loo. Overnight I started to remember to put the loo seat down when flushing and also in my lovely bathroom I keep my toothbrush well and truly inside the cabinet. Not even I could contemplate cleaning my teeth with a brush covered in loo flushing spray!!

Now the article about where you put your handbag when out shopping - and going to the loo, has got me thinking and changing where I put my handbag down.

So, this is a challenge to Tami, I NEED a blog about the awful (and here I mean the original meaning of the word!) perils of untidiness.

PLEASE?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I cannot imagine what things would be like at my house if I was not organized. The best thing we bought many years ago was a two drawer filing cabinet. I have folders for each billing company like the house payment, electric, water and so on. Each time I pay a bill or receive correspondence, it gets filed away in a folder. After a year has passed, I shred six months worth.

I also do not let things lie in piles. Piles are BAD, EVIL things that will make things harder for you!

Does this help???

3:46 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

You are wonderful!! I, too, have a filing cabinet and could find the hand book for my heating boiler which impressed the engineer no end.

That lot is OK, but I love the idea of thinking of piles as BAD and EVIL. I think I will try talking to them - calling them names, that's my kind of living!!

I will let you know how I get on... meanwhile I am typing around piles of papers so perhaps when I am ready for the family to arrive tomorrow, I will start again in my study.

This could be amusing!!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right, Tami, piling systems are endemic in our family - what we can do about them I don't know ... We all put things down, thinking that "we will put them away when we go into the room with the filing cabinet" but you know what? They stay in the pile until we "tidy" it into said filing cabinet.
We would all like to be 'autofilers' but he fact is that we don't, or can't, seem to do it regularly.
We can find things from years ago, but not from last week.
Unfortunately the tidy gene thing is not something we have!
Sorry Sis, but it's know thyself time!

H

11:09 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh my sister is so brutally honest!!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home