Friday, July 11, 2003

A Blast from the Past!
Well, the things you find when you turn out the junk!!
I remember joining the Beatles fan club at that teen age when they were just starting out - it was in 1964. I have found the photo that they sent to all of us demented girls, beehive hairdo or no. (I didn't ever manage one of those, or have to scratch my scalp with a knotting needle!!) and the programme of a concert at Wembley in 1966 with an incredible line up - as well as the Beatles, there were Spencer Davis group, Dave Dee etc, the Fortunes, Herman's Hermits, Roy Orbison, Alan Price, Cliff, the Rolling Stones, the Seekers, the Shadows, the Small Faces, Dusty, Crispian St Peters (he was gorgeous!)the Walker Brothers, the Who and the Yardbirds. Not bad eh!! All introduced by Pete Muray and Jimmy Savile himself, what a night, I have only vague recollections which is very sad. I also have a ticket - it cost me all of 25 shillings to hear that lot - wow! I still bop around to the music at full sound level, but no screaming now - well it wouldn't suit me would it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home