Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I love computers ...

but, and there was bound to be one in this sentence!
NOT when they get viruses and worms; the social stigma of having worms is the same as it used to be when I was a child - tape worms and those you got from the cattle. OK, I know its not quite the same, but people still avoid you.
The computers in question are at school, this is the second time this year that Shropshire's school networks have had to be closed down because a worm has infected the whole system. So, tomorrow I am taking a typewriter in to school for our wonderful secretary. It is a 1930's model and I am sure she will love it - well, I'll let you know about that! I must dig it out from under the chest of drawers in the sitting room, she is going to have it dust and all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Hopefully she knows how to use the typewriter!
This has happened at Ashley's school. It's a pain when she needs to take a reading test and cannot do so because the computers have a virus!

1:49 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

She chickened out, but it did make her laugh!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home