Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Last words of wisdom.

Knickers! (Excuse me - I can hear you saying it!!) Its very important to take the right knickers, comfy, and ones that are guaranteed to dry overnight. Ummm, yes, I see, I don't want to be carting damp underwear around, or walking into it when I pile into the tent at night. They are rather expensive I am told - about 20 knicker!!!!(OK, I am sorry about that one!) But I only pay that for lacy ones I thought, so the present plan is to look for some in Leciester tomorrwo, then draw some pretty flowers or lacy patterns on them so that I don't feel so bad about buying them. Mind you, they are grey - ugh.
The other thing is to mix up 1 litre of water with a tablespoonful of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt if I ever get dehydrated.I MUST REMEMBER THE TICKETS AND PASSPORT - hang on, I'll put them on the pile. (I have been known to get down to London to find out that I have put my passport on the kitchen table and forgotten to pick it up!)

So far then, each morning take the pills, 1 aspirin, 6 brewer's yeast, 2 malarial pills, I castor oil, 2 garlic, then I also have the tummy ones on a just-in-case basis. Pack the plasters before each walk, fill the water bottle and water sack with boiled water. Take the loo paper on each walk together with a trowel, put the camera with spare batteries in, a hat, smother myself in sun and bug cream, oh yes, and the binoculars. This sounds more like a route march than a holiday, but the excitement is unbearable now and I cannot get myself sorted out to do anything.
Choice of clothes is simple - very little and then I can buy some if I need any and there is very little to wash.
The first thing I must eat is yogurt so that I start to put the right bugs in the tum. No ice, no salad, no unwashed fruit, wash my hands at every turn... I think I need a minder!
I will take photos by the hundred probably, both real and digital. So be prepared for the holiday snaps when I return, you will be bored out of your minds! So, signing out until I can next post any activity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

You will wish that you had read this beforehand:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1585790109/qid=1123165229/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-1387329-3484054

It is informative as well as entertaining!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

I should have added: go to that link, scroll down, and read the editorial review.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home