Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Know Thyself!

Who actually said that? Well anyway, Tami asked why I only have two take aways a year. I am essentially someone who can get into bad habits and I love fish and chips. (Strangely, I can't eat many chips nowadays, but I still like them.) I know that if I get into the habit of buying them, then I will do just that. My weight is in the overweight category already, so more fried food would really make it difficult to lose the pounds. And can you imagine how much of a treat it is when I allow myself those two meals!! (Yes, sad person!)

That small total does not include eating out at restaurants, I feel I can choose other healthy options if I want to when I visit those - not that I always do of course. Where does chocolate pudding come in the healthy part of a diet?!

And Ted? He is the most wonderful neighbour. He's a retired chemist who has taken up wood turning in his retirement, and although I should be the one helping him and his wife, he is the one who helps me most. If I need a tool for any of my DIY things, he will have it, he makes all sorts of useful things and decorative things - a bowl from the walnut tree that blew down in the winter. If I don't know how to do a job, he will help. He has a garage that he has converted to a workshop, and now he is trying to convert mine. I am not sure about that, but sorting it out is on the list of jobs to do.

Meanwhile, the kitchen is almost back to normal, next it is going to be dining room that faces the paint brush. I need something easy after all those cupboards. (I hope that has not put a hex on it...)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I agree with you about the fish and chips and I have to watch it with that meal myself! There is a place near here that has the best fish and chips ever ... and Jalapeno hushpuppies!

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home