Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Bad, Evil Piles!!

Hmm, talking to the mess certainly makes me see the piles and so far I am starting to sort them out!! I have been to the sales today too - first time in years, but hey!!

The only problem was that the stuff I wanted wasn't in the sales. I have been spending some amusing moments screaming at the ceiling of my kitchen, because above it there has been a mouse chewing at something VERY loudly. I first heard it in the night of Christmas Eve when the house was full, so I couldn't scream at the thing - my children would not have been amused at 3a.m.!! So, I have been to the shops to buy the largest pot of mouse poison available and fed it to the varmint. Apparently it takes 4 - 10 days for them to die. Then that leaves about a week of rattling the door latch to warn the mouse that I am on my feet, battering the ceiling beam with the sweeping brush and screaming blue murder at the noisy little beggar. This is the routine, he seems to know how to react because he only starts to chew again when I am sitting down again - beast!!

Overkill? No way. My lights were flickering and I have known them chew through electricity cables with ease.

And what have I been screaming at them?

"You evil little rodent - leave me alone!!" That is the polite version...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

So, when he dies, will you retrieve him and dispose of him somehow? I wouldn't want that job!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

If I find him, I will get rid of the evidence, but so far I have never come across a corpse!!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home