Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year Resolutions everyone!

It is the time for making a list of intentions for the new year and this is the time when I really miss DLG. We would do this together, then she would sort out my attempts, making the final list far more meaningful and exciting. So, this is going to be the solo list which will probably be very uninspiring!

Practical matters:
sort out the garage and the attic
keep the garden under control
continue to sort out my clothes
organise the new front door (not an easy thing - the house is listed so there are lots of forms to fill in.)
paint the windows at the garden side of the house (little gothic frames - and absolute beast to do and one frame is in the wrong way round, so Ted is going to sort it out... that will be terrifying!)
make things

almost impossible list:
lose weight - that means continuing the exercise, as I managed to lose pounds when doing a daily bike ride, but decorating etc got in the way)
sort out my eyesight - either get new glasses or start wearing my lenses again
continue to work on learning either Spanish or Italian

Pretty boring, but last year's resolution to paint the house was achieved, so I feel that some things are ticked on the success side.

Then there is the rest of life!! I am planning the next trip at the moment, so there will be lots to do for that. I shall be meeting up with a college friend in Oz, and an African and a Luxembourgish friend in New Zealand.

What have I done so far? Well I bought a bottle of NZ wine to drink in the new year last night - there's preparation and there's preparation!! Now where is the tent, rucksack, sleeping bag .....

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Ah! Your house is listed! If only I had the means to buy it!! Good luck to you. By the way, have you found the little mouse yet or heard from him again?

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home