Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Ghosts of the past
There are four boxes of photographs to sort - an easy task I thought! Hah! I reckoned without the moments of remembering each occasion on the print, the most difficult being the children's birthday parties. I used to make thematic cakes, there are gingerbread houses - that party was a nonstarter, it snowed so heavily non of my daughter's friends could get through. Humpty Dumpty - my son's first birthday, engines - of the steam variety; so many other different ones, even a leotard. I have spent more time down memory lane in the last two days than I can remember. There are pictures of them both starting the new school year, on holidays in North Wales, catching crabs off the harbour in Porthmadog. What a lovely task to give myself, I think though that it needs many weeks, so I am sorting the packs and will place them in albums, leaving the family pictures until last.
Today is the day to mount the pictures of the holiday in China, it is only about 20cm deep .... or perhaps I will start with the very few cricket mementoes I am allowing myself, or ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home