Tuesday, July 15, 2003

It's Hot, hot, hot!
My goodness, 93 degrees yesterday and we felt every one of them! I went down to see my mother and on a whim we went out onto the Malvern hills and made up a picnic lunch. I love organised picnincs, but this was one of those impromptu almost sordid ones. No cutlery or plates, one glass for her to use, so it was bread rolls, celery, mayonnaise, hummous, cherry tomatoes pistachio nuts and local plums. All local produce or home made stuff, delicious! ( I also have to own up to the chips of root vegetables which I love! Not good for the diet though and more about that at a later date.)
We sat under some trees on the edge of a playing field and had a lovely time, I dredged some of her memories about Edie and Archie out of her and will sort that out later on too. We went back to harvest the lavender in her garden, managed one bush and then retreated inside - the heat was too much! Mum remembered a time she was doing a clininc on her own in the bush, a small hut full of sick people -'rather overpowering' was her phrase! One of the men in the group turned up and asked her to step outside when she had finshed, I wonder if she wore a nursing uniform?! I must ask that daft question! Anyway, she was presented with a huge slice of water melon, never has it tasted so good she mused. See? Another gent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home