Friday, August 25, 2006

One of the joys of early retirement is...

having the time to read about local events. Ludlow is holding its annual food festival in September and strangely enough we are spending that week-end nearby in Bishops Castle. Having found that 21 miles in one day was killer, I am not about to propose that we walk the 17 miles to Ludlow, but I think I may well go early on the Friday via Ludlow so to speak. (I haven't looked a tthe ap yet, so even if this is all the wrong way round, I think I shall go!)

They have all sorts of delicious things to do - sausage and ale tasting, local foods are also available on a nibbling basis and the town intself is very attractive. Lots of lovely shops - antiques, clothes etc etc. Better hide the plastic! The castle holds all sorts of atractions, like an enormous food hall, talks, demonstrations etc.

I think a day finding out about mushrooms, pork, slow food and a taste of Italy might well be a good precursor to a week-end's walking, eating and drinking around Bishops Castle. Afer all, they have their own brewery there which needs to be visited. They also have some good shops... (Perhaps I had better chop up the plastic!)

Yummy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

This sounds like a fun adventure. It's always nice to try new things :)

I am curious; how far are you from Oxford? Specifically, have you ever visited Alice's Sheep Shop?

4:24 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I live about 110 miles from Oxford Tami and I haven't been there for quite a few years. I think I have'nt visited Alice's Sheep Shop but I will check - .... looking at the website, there is a chance that I may have gone into this shop once, but when my children were young. I seem to remember my daughter and I liking it, but my son was not impressed - too girlie for him!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home